- A sensational opportunity to join one of Australia’s leading international not-for-profits
- Fixed term 12 month commencing 14 February 2020 , full-time, 35 hours per week
- Melbourne based
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organisations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by five core values: Accountability, Empowerment, Equality, Inclusiveness and Sustainability. To read more about our values please click here
As an agency undertaking work both nationally and internationally and in humanitarian response, Oxfam takes its duty of care seriously to safeguard children, young people and adults and recognises that it must meet community expectations and the trust placed in its personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within Oxfam are required to comply with the One Oxfam Child Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policies and all staff sign the Oxfam Australia Child Safeguarding and One Oxfam Employee Codes of Conduct.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Service Desk Officer supports the daily operations of IT systems including infrastructure and standard operating environments and ensure the provision of quality support to end users through monitoring and actioning service desk requests. This includes users in all sites, Australia and filed country offices.
A little about you (the key selection criteria)
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Experience and thorough understanding of ITSM tools/ systems and ITIL procedures
- Experience and thorough understanding of computer hardware/software and peripherals including multifunction printers
- Experience and thorough understanding of LAN/WAN and network security principals
- Experience with MS desktop operating systems, Win 10, Office365,Identity Management and Cloud technologies
- Experience with building, deploying and maintaining a standard operating environment (SOE) with SCCM/Intune
We can offer you
- A base salary of $67,195 plus superannuation, superior leave benefits and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,450 of your salary tax-free).
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to tackle poverty and make a positive impact around the world.
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and ample opportunities for career progression and development.
- Promote work-life balance
- Superannuation matching
Applicants will be required to show proof of their right to work in Australia and successful applicants will be subject to the satisfactory clearance of a Police Records Check, and Counter Terrorism and Aid Diversion check.
We promote diversity and practice equality. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
For enquiries relating to this position, please contact Myra Ng via firstname.lastname@example.org
• Complete the on-line application form, then, as three separate documents, upload a cover letter, CV and a response addressing the selection criteria outlined in the ad
• Applications close on Tuesday 21 January 2020