- Great opportunity to become a team member of one of Australia’s outstanding non-for-profits
- Permanent Contract
- Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Melbourne based, Sydney, Brisbane Negotiable
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to eliminate the inequalities that keep people in poverty.
At Oxfam Australia, we believe all lives are equal and no-one should live in poverty. We believe that in a wealthy world, poverty is unjustifiable and preventable, that the present state of inequality and injustice must be challenged, and that with the right support, people can change their lives for the better.
We are part of an international confederation of 19 organisations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by five core values: Accountability, Empowerment, Equality, Inclusiveness and Sustainability.
As an organisation undertaking work both locally and internationally and in humanitarian response, we take our duty of care seriously to safeguard children, young people and adults and recognise that we must meet community expectations and the trust placed in our people to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, our people are required to comply with the One Oxfam Child Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policies and sign the Oxfam Australia Child Safeguarding and One Oxfam Employee Codes of Conduct.
Playing an important role in the Philanthropic Partnerships Unit, the Philanthropy Coordinator is responsible for providing key planning and communications support to all members of the Unit, and managing successful and engaging major donor events. Working closely with the Major Gifts team, Development Manager – Philanthropy, Prospect Management & Research Adviser and key internal stakeholders across the agency, you will contribute to a diverse range of projects and to the team’s income goals.
A little about you (the key selection criteria)
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Proven experience in planning and project management
- Demonstrated experience providing agile and efficient administrative support to multiple team members
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of major donor communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Growth mindset and desire to cross skill
We can offer you
- A base salary of $77,013 plus superannuation, superior leave benefits and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,450 of your salary tax-free).
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to make a positive impact around the world.
- We value flexibility, and seek to support our people to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
- Cultural leave
- Superannuation matching
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We care deeply about creating a safe and inclusive workplace where our people feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunities and encourage applicants with personal experience of the forms of injustice we seek to address to apply for opportunities at Oxfam Australia.
Applicants will be required to show proof of their right to work in Australia and successful applicants will be subject to the satisfactory clearance of a Police Records Check, and Counter Terrorism and Aid Diversion check.
For enquiries relating to this position, please contact Claire Beynon via email@example.com
• Complete the on-line application form, then, as three separate documents, upload a cover letter, CV and a response addressing the selection criteria outlined in the ad
• Applications close on Monday 25 October 2021 at 11pm.