- Opportunity to utilise your skills in service excellence, and designing and reviewing HR processes
- 6-month fixed term opportunity
- Option to work Full time or Part time, 35 or 28 hours per week
- Melbourne based
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to eliminate the inequalities that keep people in poverty.
At Oxfam Australia, we believe all lives are equal and no-one should live in poverty. We believe that in a wealthy world, poverty is unjustifiable and preventable, that the present state of inequality and injustice must be challenged, and that with the right support, people can change their lives for the better.
We are part of an international confederation of 19 organisations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
As an organisation undertaking work both locally and internationally and in humanitarian response, we take our duty of care seriously to safeguard children, young people and adults and recognise that we must meet community expectations and the trust placed in our people to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, our people are required to comply with the One Oxfam Child Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policies and sign the Oxfam Australia Child Safeguarding and One Oxfam Employee Codes of Conduct.
You will play a critical role providing customer focused, comprehensive, and pragmatic support to the People and Culture team and our stakeholders across all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, on-boarding, and offboarding processes.
Along with this, you will support the team with the coordination, design and review of administrative systems and processes for the purpose of continuous improvement of people lifecycle services using a people-centric approach. A major project you will support is the implementation of our new HR Information System products. Your talent in finding creative, pragmatic and user-centric solutions to support process improvements will be instrumental for this project.
A little about you (the key selection criteria)
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Experience in general administration, continuous improvement, and document management. Experience within a Human Resources function is desirable.
- A creative and pragmatic approach to solving problems.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with a wide variety of stakeholders with the confidentiality, professionalism and discretion required in a HR function.
We can offer you
- A base salary of $65,405 plus superannuation, superior leave benefits and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,450 of your salary tax-free).
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to make a positive impact.
- We value flexibility, and seek to support our people to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and wellbeing needs.
- Purchase additional leave and access to cultural leave
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We care deeply about creating a safe and inclusive workplace where our people feel valued, respected and empowered to work at the best. We are committed to providing equal opportunities. We encourage applicants with personal experience of the forms of injustice we seek to address to apply for opportunities at Oxfam Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
For enquiries relating to this position, please contact Kerrie Nicholls via [email protected]
• Complete the on-line application form, then, as three separate documents, upload a cover letter, CV and a response addressing the selection criteria outlined in the ad
• Applications close on 3 August 2021 at 11pm
• Applicants will be required to show proof of their right to work in Australia and successful applicants will be subject to the satisfactory clearance of a Police Records Check, and a Counter Terrorism and Aid Diversion check