Call for Consultancy: MEAL Support Lead for the Disaster READY program in the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu (CBDRR)
Oxfam is seeking to appoint a consultant to support the implementation of the monitoring, evaluation and learning work plan of the Disaster READY program’s community-based disaster risk reduction component in the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu. Oxfam expects the consultant to engage in the assignment with a cross-cutting focus on building the MEAL skills and capacities of the team members. For more information, see the attached Terms of Reference.
Key Skills, Technical Background, And Experience Required:
We are looking for consultants with:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 5-7 years’ experience in a MEAL role working for an international NGO or similar, working in humanitarian and development contexts
- Proven capacity to build the M&E skills of colleagues.
- Demonstrable experience in program design and use of related logical design methodologies such as theory of change and the log-frame approach.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in standards and practice of qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken: strong writing skills in English.
- Able to make technical data understandable to and engaging for different audiences (donors, stakeholders, other team members, beneficiaries).
- Proficient in Excel (familiar with functionality including tables, external data queries, index and lookup functions).
- Experienced in building simple to use, robust data entry forms and able to cleanse and process data from these forms
- Experienced in visualising information in a way that allows others to make strategic decisions.
The time frame for this project is 35 days from asap to 30 June 2022. No travel is required, the assignment will be delivered remotely.
How To Apply:
Eligible candidates are required to submit:
- Cover letter detailing their reasons of interest, relevant experience, and indicative fees per
- Current CV
- Work plan indicating the number of days
- Name and contact details of two professional references
- Your consulting daily rate. Please note that the rate should be all inclusive; no separate allowances will be provided.
- Applications without a daily fee rate or work plan will not be considered.
- Preferably also 2 work samples
Queries related to the Terms of Reference should be directed to:
Anna Pelkonen, Program Lead – Australian Humanitarian Partnership (AHP)
[email protected] / Skype: anpelkonen
Expressions of interest should be emailed Anna Pelkonen, Program Lead – Australian Humanitarian Partnership (AHP) [email protected] by 5pm on Friday, 30 July 2021.