- A sensational opportunity to join one of Australia’s leading international not-for-profits
- Lead our mass fundraising team to inspire initial and continued support of Oxfam Australia’s work.
- 6 month parental leave backfill, Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane based
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to eliminate the inequalities that keep people in poverty.
We work with people and communities experiencing poverty to protect and rebuild their lives in times of crisis, to find sustainable ways to build fair and independent lives and to have a say in the critical decisions that affect them, their families and communities.
We are an international confederation of 19 organisations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by five core values: Accountability, Empowerment, Equality, Inclusiveness and Sustainability. To read more about our values please click here
As an agency undertaking work both nationally and internationally and in humanitarian response, Oxfam takes its duty of care seriously to safeguard children, young people and adults and recognises that it must meet community expectations and the trust placed in its personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within Oxfam are required to comply with the One Oxfam Child Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policies and all staff sign the Oxfam Australia Child Safeguarding and One Oxfam Employee Codes of Conduct.
The Direct Marketing Manager leads a team of Marketing Coordinators to deliver Oxfam Australia’s (OAU) portfolio of mass fundraising initiatives spanning multiple audience segments, products, campaigns and channels that inspire initial and ongoing support of our work. In taking a strategic and “Supporter First” approach, you will ensure that fundraising activities achieve the right balance in driving supporter engagement, annual net revenue; long term supporter loyalty; and appropriate overarching levels of ROI.
You will lead and support the direct marketing team to drive optimum levels of engagement and financial support from appeals; regular giving; middle donor and bequests.
You will play an important role in ensuring that fundraising campaigns are aligned to the OAU strategy; meet the high ethical standards that Oxfam sets and that communications accurately reflect the work of the Agency and the context in which we operate.
A little about you (the key selection criteria)
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Significant experience in leading and managing cross-functional high performing teams
- Extensive senior experience in the development, implementation and oversight of highly effective direct marketing and communications campaigns
- Detailed understanding of supporter/customer segmentation best practice approaches and techniques
- Extensive experience in analysing data and leveraging CRM systems to develop, support and implement effective fundraising strategies
- Superior marketing planning skills to deliver multiple campaigns to time and budget.
We can offer you
- An annualised base salary of $114,266 plus 10% superannuation, superior leave benefits and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,450 of your salary tax-free)
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to tackle poverty and make a positive impact around the world
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance
- 2% superannuation matching.
For enquiries relating to this position, please contact Emily Wigney via [email protected]
• Complete the on-line application form, then, as three separate documents, upload a cover letter, CV and a response addressing the selection criteria outlined in the ad
• Applications close on Monday 26 July 2021 at 9am.